It’s been 20 years since a new brewery opened its doors in Winnebago County. Bare Bones Brewery will change that when its taproom opens Friday at 3 p.m.
Located at the intersection of County Roads S and Y (just off the Wiouwash Trail and just over the Oshkosh city line), Bare Bones will be the first brewery to launch in this area since Fox River Brewing Company opened in 1995.
But though the taproom will open, we’ll have to wait a while longer for the brewery’s beer. Bare Bones owner Dan Dringoli says he expects to have his first couple of beers ready in early July. In the meantime, he’ll have 12 guest beers pouring in the taproom that adjoins the new brewery.
Here’s what we can expect from Bare Bones early on...
Starting tomorrow, taproom hours will be as follows:
• Wednesday 3-9 p.m.
• Thursday 3-9 p.m.
• Friday 3-9 p.m.
• Saturday 11-9 p.m.
• Sunday 11-9 p.m., May 1-October 1. (The taproom will be closed on Sundays in Winter).
And here’s the first round of beers that will be on draft in the taproom.
• Badger State Green Chop Session IPA
• Bull Falls Midnight Star German-Style Schwarzbier
• Hopothesis Drafty Window Farmhouse Ale
• Lake Louie Warped Speed Scotch Ale
• Lakefront Wisconsinite Summer Weiss
• New Glarus Raspberry Tart
• Pigeon River Slippery Richard Oatmeal Stout
• Pigeon River Vanilla Jimmy Java Porter
• Stillmank Brewing Wisco Disco Amber Ale
• Tribute Brewing Blueberry Train Wheat Ale
• Tribute Brewing Finn's Irish Red Ale
• Pabst Blue Ribbon
The two beers from Tribute Brewing haven’t been on tap in the Oshkosh area before. Tribute is a small brewery in Eagle River. It was an early inspiration for Dringoli’s idea for Bare Bones. The overall emphasis on Northeastern Wisconsin beer is especially interesting. Five years ago a good portion of that list had not even existed. It’s an indication of how quickly things are changing.
In addition to the beer, Bare Bones will also offer mixed drinks made with craft spirits from Pür Class Vodka (Eureka), Great Northern Vanguard Whiskey (Plover), and Door County Distillery Brandy.
Sprecher and Sundrop sodas will be available as well as Village Pub Pizzas and free popcorn.
There you have it. The next chapter in brewing history for our area begins this weekend. You can say you were there.
For the backstory on Bare Bones Brewery, go here.