Thursday, December 5, 2019

Ordering Online from The Cellar

Last Sunday, The Cellar Brew Shop posted on its Facebook page that it was rolling out the online ordering system the shop has been working on since July. I thought I'd give it a spin.



At the moment, I'm pretty well stocked with malt, hops, and yeast. So I placed just a small order: three pounds of specialty malts. The system works like most online ordering forms. You make your selections, add them to your cart, and head to checkout. With each item you select, there's a comment box where you can add notes. I noted that I didn't want my grains milled. At check out, you leave your name and contact info and when you plan to pick up your order. Easy. Done.



I placed my order on Monday morning and scheduled the pickup for Tuesday at 10:30 am. Monday afternoon, I received an email saying my order was ready.

When I arrived at The Cellar on Tuesday morning, my malt was waiting. The only problem was they had mixed all three of the malts into the same bag. These malts are going into different batches of beer. Having them blended together wouldn’t work. Brian at The Cellar quickly fixed that. He put together a new order for me.


Next time, I’ll include a note that I need the malts in separate bags. Though, really, that ought to be standard practice on the part of The Cellar.

This is just the first iteration of this system. At this point, the menu only includes brewing ingredients and beer kits. It's a decent start, though, and I'll definitely be using it more in the future. You can check it out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment