Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oshkosh’s Contribution to Great American Craft Beer

Our own Fox River Brewing finds itself rubbing shoulders with the heavyweights of American craft beer in Andy Crouch’s recently released book, Great American Craft Beer. Crouch’s book is a panoramic snapshot of the American Craft beer scene with more than 300 profiles of noteworthy beers and he’s selected Fox River’s Winnebago Wheat as one of four American-brewed Hefeweizens for inclusion, calling it an “excellent” example of the style.

Good enough for me. It’s been a while since I’d had a Winnebago Wheat so seeing the Crouch book prompted me to go pick up a growler of it. I’d forgotten how good this beer can be. It’s light bodied and extremely easy to drink, but its billowing flavors of banana and clove make it continually interesting. And it reminded me of summer. We could all use a little of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment