Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What’s in Your Basement?

More pictures! I’m swimming in them. And after yesterday’s post, it occurred to me that I ought to be slapping more of them up on this blog. So, here we go...

Here’s a few that recently came my way from my buddies Steve and Janet Wissink. While doing a pre-spring clean, they discovered some gems hiding in their basement. As always, click the picture to enlarge it.


We’ll start with a few 1950s barrel glasses from the Oshkosh Brewing Company.

















And Here’s a 1940s Würtzer Beer “Schnitt” from Peoples Brewing of Oshkosh.




















More from the 1940s... Chief Oshkosh Beer poker chips.

















Bottle caps from Peoples. I’m guessing these are from the 1950s.
















Plastic keg caps from Peoples, probably from the 1960s.


















One more: this comes from Nick Belville. He recently acquired this Peoples 1/4 barrel. Nick’s going to put it to good use. He’ll add oak chips to the  barrel and use it to age his homebrewed cider.


No comments:

Post a Comment