Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Fifth Ward Heading Into Year Three

This coming Saturday, November 9th, Fifth Ward Brewing in Oshkosh celebrates its second anniversary with all the trimmings: a bunch of new beer releases, live music, food trucks. I'll have more on the beer side of things later this week, but in the meantime, Fifth Ward has posted a nice rundown of the event at the brewery's 2nd Anniversary Facebook event page.

All of which gives me a good excuse to trot out a few pictures I've been collecting. Ian Wenger and Zach Clark opened the doors at Fifth Ward on the Friday afternoon of October 20, 2017. The brewery's grand opening was held on November 12. That evening I took this shot of Ian and Zach behind their bar in front of the taps.

Ian Wenger (left) and Zach Clark, 2017.

Last year Fifth Ward celebrated its first anniversary with a party on Saturday, November 10. I dropped by Fifth Ward a couple of days earlier. Zach and Ian were there behind the bar again. I was reminded of the picture from 2017. I thought it would be good to get an updated photo. Here's that picture from November 7, 2018.

2018.

A couple of weeks ago I was at Fifth Ward talking with Zach and Ian and I cajoled them into getting their pictures taken again as they head into year three. Here's the 2019 edition...

2019.

They're holding up pretty well! Congratulations Ian and Zach, hope there are many more of these to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment