Sunday, March 28, 2021

150 Years Later...

In 1871 there was a saloon (1) run by John Powers at the southwest corner of 10th and Kansas Street (now named South Main). A door down from Powers' saloon was a cooperage (2); where Michael Scheimeyer made wooden barrels.

Detail from Ruger's 1867 drawing of Oshkosh.

That section is now the home of Fifth Ward Brewing Company.


And there are still plenty of wooden barrels there.

No comments:

Post a Comment