Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Two Roads Diverged

When I began this blog 12 years ago, there was no fixed plan for the direction it would take. But its course quickly became apparent. About half of the posts have focused on the current beer scene in Oshkosh. The rest have been about the incredible history this city has with beer. I'm at a point now where I don't have enough free time to continue pursuing both paths.

I'm going to stop writing about the current beer scene. From now on, this blog will be about the beer history and saloons of Oshkosh, and the influence the beer culture here has had on our city as a whole. It's a deep well. I have hundreds of story ideas waiting to be explored. And that list grows each time I get into the research phase of one of these stories. 

The current scene speaks for itself and certainly doesn't need me as an intermediary. My time is better spent trying to discover the aspects of Oshkosh's beer culture that have been forgotten. It's something I love doing and look forward to doing for as long as I can. Prost!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the interesting articles. Maybe a book of pdf files.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ThosJohn! I have a couple of books in mind, but it'll probably be a year or more before I start working in that vein. That's something I definitely want to do, though.

      Delete